Reasons to Submit
Apart from the splendid conference venue there are many more reasons to submit a paper to UMAP 2012:
- As the combination of the two leading conference series in this area, UMAP is now the single “place to be” for anyone involved in user modeling, adaptation, and personalization.
- The conference proceedings will be widely available in both electronic and printed form (in the Springer series Lecture Notes in Computer Science). Moreover, they will be included in the ACM Digital Library. These sources will be the first place that people look to find the latest results in this area.
- Those who have substantial results to present will benefit from (a) the long-standing reputation of the UMAP, UM and AH conference series for selectivity and quality; and (b) the thorough reviewing process, including metareviewing, which ensures balanced and constructive feedback from relevant experts from around the world.
- The wide range of conference events offers a suitable opportunity for participation no matter what type of contribution you have to make or even if you are mainly interested in learning more about the field
- For industry, UMAP 2012 provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and networking opportunities for future cooperations
- Students will profit from the expertise of more experienced researchers at the doctoral consortium. UMAP provides student support and full papers with a student as the first author are eligible for the James Chen Award.